View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 08:15 PM   #47
bill3rail

Re: Help me identify sabotage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siedl View Post
@steeveedee no apologies necessary, I’m playing in the boys sandbox, I know that. :-). All good. As for the sheriff, yeah and it gets weirder... the night I called the sheriff for help, I can assume one of two things: 1. My ex is tagged as a high officer risk meaning he beat up a cop pretty bad in his past and that never goes away. I’m pretty remote and he was alone so backup is at least 20mins away. 2. Prefaced with I don’t play the sexist card too often but the first time I said don’t let the truck leave the property, if you do he’d rather crash it in a ditch than give it back he said “he wouldn’t let anything happen to that nice if a truck”...almost as if “you shouldn’t be driving that truck anyway...” that combined with him telling me to be quiet at least 5 times as I was protesting, screaming “no he can’t take it” each time he said just stop, save your breath let him go...Chp will get him...so I had to stand there and watch the f’g ahole drive my truck out of here. I immediately called Chp and they informed me I had to wait three days before filing a stolen vehicle report, 3 days because the officer gave him permission to take it. I was furious!! I called his sergeant right then and there and guess what, he yelled at me for telling him his deputy wasn’t doing his job! Can you believe that?! He actually got pissed at me for complaining! 3 days go by, I file the report you’d think Chp or sheriff could go to his house and get it. Nope. He lives behind a gate and they can’t go in uninvited. So, I’m speechless and in awe. I call the sheriff himself, never got a call back. I called the deputy himself to let him know what his actions caused, never returned my call. Followed up for the next 5 days and the most response I got was being hung up on twice by the girls answering the phone. I now am convinced the sheriff’s deputy’s couldn’t save me from a paper bag.

@jimijam good answer! Lol
@BigBird attaching more photos of the distributor

He had a limited amount of time and access to the truck, from approximately 8pm-2am when I finally got the RO served. He’s very capable mechanically and very devious mentally so whatever he did he did within the engine bay. I do have a locking gas cap that hasn’t been compromised. Transmission and engine oil definitely worth dumping. I have an endoscope coming tomorrow. And I’m attaching more pics of the to help

Thank you all for being so kind and responsive. All I ever wanted was a classic truck to tool around in and learn how to work on. It’s just always been something I loved, the gratification of the whole process and ending up with something few have and many enjoy. I never in my wildest dreams thought I’d get tangled in a web like this!

Round of virtual beers �� �� �� on me! And �� for those who don’t drink ! Much respect and admiration to you all!
WOW! Just Effing WOW!

I can not believe that an LEO would allow a vehicle to be stolen right in front of himself with the owner screaming No! That just blows my mind, but it is California I guess. New York is headed that route lately, and I am cringing until I can retire and GTFO. Wish I were closer to assist, but I see that you are capable of doing a lot on your own.

Glad to hear it is running, and keep going strong to show your kid or kids you can get over anything that life (or an A-Hole) can throw at you!

Bill