View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #271
Hart_Rod

Re: 1969 Burb build-up (Bags, 5.3/4L60E, repaint, interior....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
Gorgeous! I think the tailgate trim will work well with the "truck" paint scheme in your rendering. Only one possible issue I see: The tail light trim might be lower than the top of the bumper, or close to it. That's why I asked for the with-bumper-on pics.

I wonder if one could install the whole setup a tad higher. I know it's too late for you, and yours look awesome anyway, but I'm just thinking out loud...

That's what you get for being a pioneer!!! Someone may come along and improve on your idea, but you will always be the first and we thank you for that

FF - It will be close for the one piece of lower trim, but if you look at the truck setup it's not perfectly lined up with the bottom of the tail light trim. I think I can place the lower trim right above the hinges and make it work. The problem you will run into with raising everything up, will be matching the body lines up (side) and the upper side trim (if you use the truck trim and paint). I lined up both lower body lines (truck/burb) which made the upper side truck trim hit the tail lights in the right place. I think that if you plan on using the lower tailgate trim, that since you are doing a one piece lift gate, you could lengthen the lip of the lift gate to get it lower to help with alignment. This is probably more confusing than help. I guess I should have asked you what your overall idea is,... Suburban paint scheme with truck tail lights or truck paint scheme and truck tail lights. I attached some picture of the Burb with some of the trim on and of some trucks for reference. As for being a Pioneer, thanks!, too bad my metal working skills don't match my ability to dream some of this stuff up. Good thing they make grinders and bondo, .
Attached Images

Last edited by Hart_Rod; 05-16-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote