View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 01:13 PM   #772
MTCK

Re: 1991 V3500 Project Heavy Hauler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Your repair turned out good! With the exception of the trans and t-case I'll have touched everything on this truck, which gives me a level of confidence to go far.

Well that was a couple years ago, but excellent foreshadowing. I'm cautiously optimistic about the trans. It had one weird deal during the week I drove it where it locked into second gear. A restart fixed it and it's behaved correctly since then (the one time I drove it). I'm going to wait for temps to get a little more civilized and try it again. I'm glad I asked for and received a 2 year warranty on the work.

The Yukon's problem turned out to not be the thermostatic plug end, but heating element itself. Replaced under warranty so that's good. I still like the circulating heater more than the block heater that only comes on at 0F or colder...

Something worth noting on the NP205 rebuild: I chased what I thought were loose wires for over two years, and in reality it was so much play in the output shaft that the VSS was missing the tone ring enough to make the speedo bounce. I also thought I needed a new front driveline due to noise in four high, and only had front wheel drive in four low, but all those problems went away with the rebuild.

1991 V3500 L29 454 4L80E NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's
1984 K30 292 TH400 NP205 D60/14 Bolt 4.56's flat bed 7'6" Meyer Plow
2022 Silverado 3500 L8T
Project Daily Driver
Project Heavy Hauler
Project Plow Truck
MTCK is offline   Reply With Quote