View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #177
44boggers

Re: American in Austria 83 Build

After a bunch of months off from working on the c10, i am back on it.

Now I am aligning body panels and then creating an even 3/16" gap all around.

I am having a slight issue with my pass side door. I have it adjusted the best i could where 90 percent of the door aligns really well, except for the opening side of the upper door frame. From the body line down it lines up really well and the bottom of the door is maybe 1/16" to far out, but i can work the metal there. The fender side of the door is very close and where it meets the upper part of the fender it lines up perfect.

But the upper part of the door frame towards the back of the cab, is roughly 1/4'' to far out.

I can move the door in (by adjusting the striker in) and it will up perfect but then that puts the lower part of the door (body line down), roughly 1/8" to far in. Which would leave me with the only option of filling that area with some fiber glass filler to make the panels even.

I have tried tweaking the door frame a bit, since it seems to be twisted but it has done much, maybe i need to be more forceful.

Is the best way to fix this to try to hammer the door frame a bit or continue to try to twist it into shape?

The first two pics are of how the door currently sits with the upper part of the frame out and the lower section of the door lining up nice.

The last two pics are of when i adjust the striker in, the upper part of the frame lines up perfect but the lower part, body line down, is about 1/8" to far in all the way down,

Any advice would be nice,

Thanks guys

Paul
Attached Images

44boggers is offline   Reply With Quote