View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 10:26 AM   #1253
Boog
laying low

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
I bought my wife a used Yukon Denali today. Going to Phoenix to pick it up Monday. Was hoping to wait a little while for all the used car madness to calm down but her Grand Cherokee started giving us problems last week and left her stranded for an hour or so. At 215K I decided we have gotten our money’s worth and it was time for something newer. ( I paid $500 for it back in 2011 or so with 112K on it) been an excellent vehicle for almost all of our marriage. Time to move on though. The new to us Yukon is really nice.
I think she will really like the Yukon. We down sized from a 'burban to a Yukon since it's just the two of us and have no regrets.

All I can say is used car shopping sucks a million times more than normal these days. As soon as they are listed for sale they seem to be gone. I bought this one before it had even been detailed as it was traded in Thursday, I got the financing figured out yesterday and made the down payment over the phone today. In that time the Salesman I’ve been working with said that 6 people have tried to buy it since yesterday afternoon. Pictures to come when I pick it up Monday.
I am doing a lot of looking with nothing in particular in mind. What's available is high right now. I once found a Blazer on a friday night at the Chevy dealer. First thing the next morning I was down there making a deal on it. Hadn't even been cleaned up yet. We nearly came to blows over it when the owner's son in law tried to nix the deal cause he wanted one of his friends to buy it. Well, the owner did the right thing and honored my deal. It wasn't a matter of not being able to find another Blazer at the time. It was more of the principal of it is all.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote