Thread: USA1 Industries
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2023, 09:44 AM   #73
texarback

Re: USA1 Industries

I spoke to Randy this morning. First, he took about 30 minutes of his time to explain the situation which I truly appreciate.

First, it sounds like the bags and visors will be shipping some time in the next month or so. They received the stock that they needed to begin the build process.

Second, the door panels have issues. For 73-75 years they no longer are able to get the panels from their supplier over seas. So, they have been developing them here and hope to begin manufacturing them in North Carolina; along side all the other door panels for the later year models. The cost will be a little more but sounds like they should be a high quality replication of what came off the factory floor. I'm excited to see what they release. It sounds like they went back and forth on bringing it inhouse as they don't sell near the quantity for those year models. I'm glad they pulled the trigger.

He did say that they are just now beginning to get back to pre Covid supplies. Which is interesting. He didn't mention labor issues but did say that a machine shop in North Carolina that they use for visor parts went out of business. So, while labor may not be an issue, partners may be an issue.

Anyway, I'm going to walk back my comments from earlier. If they can communicate like that then I'll keep doing business with them.
texarback is offline   Reply With Quote