View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #189
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

Just a couple notes here. I was visiting my sister sunday and her husband has a bunch of junker trucks out on his property, mostly abandoned mudders. One of those was his dads mid 70's blazer and he's going to scrap it. The console was in good shape so I pulled it. Don't need it for this jimmy, but it will come in handy for the other blazer project and it was free. No cracks, just rubbed off paint and some rust on the shiny insert part. Anyone no if there is any difference between this and the original 72 style?

I also went to the local junkyard today and found a gas tank from a 75 blazer to use in my C-10. That blazer also had a roll bar, so I took some measurements and it looks like it should fit OK in the jimmy. I plan on adding some supports to go from this bar to the windshield frame or to another bar bent to fit the front door frame and windshield frame. Not a true rollbar, but it will look good and add some support to the windshield so the top can come off before the rocker boxes and floor get repaired. I should get it in the next few days and will post pics then. There was at least one other console out there to if anyone is interested.

Last edited by hgs_notes; 04-22-2009 at 08:59 PM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote