View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 01:11 AM   #11
ante_up13

I don't know if a prybar will do it...You can try but I don't know what you can use for leverage against them. I checked out the bushings again and they ARE THREADED..I have installed the shafts now on my truck and a trick I learned was to screw the bushings in first because they have a real tight fit...then unscrew them from the a-arm and put the shaft in and then start screwing in the bushings again...what the real pain in the rear is to get the shoulders of the shaft to be the same distance apart from their respective sides of the a arm...you just have to play with it for awhile.

As far as getting the balljoints loose...my truck had the factory balljoints which needed replacing anyway...so I didn't care if I screwed them up when popping them out...the were really stuck on there and I was using a pickle fork and pounded away on each of them for 15 minutes at least...WD 40 is good to help them loosen up a little but I really don't think a prybar will do the job...good luck and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask
ante_up13 is offline   Reply With Quote