Thread: 55.2-59 What did you do?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #10
Phungki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
Unless you are actually building trucks on speculation to sell worrying about resale value because of mods either reduced or enhanced is a waste of time and you would be better off to invest the money in something with a known return.

Outside vents such as the top of the cowl vent, fresh air louvers for the heater and even the side cowl vent on 47/50 don't seem to change the value of a truck one way or the other except with the guys who are hung up on what they call "the original look". Just as many guys don't like the vents as those who do.

Some of the "I only drive it when there are no clouds in the sky and the temp is between 60 and 80" guys might argue against a heater but if you actually do some serous long distance trips even in mid summer it gets cold at night and in the early mornings in the mountains in the west. A heater is pretty nice then even if you change from heat in a two or three hour period while on the road.

Thinking about it a bit what I have seen kill resale value on these trucks is too much personalization such as murals that are far too connected to the owner who had it painted, Off the wall customizing such as square head lights or tail lights that just flat don't jive with the truck. Off the wall paint colors or paint schemes can be a big deal killer too. Throw in the wrong upholstery design when an interior was redone. A lot of guys can't think past a strange looking interior.
Well i dont plan in doing anything crazy such as murals or even changing the interior much. Ill use an original seat i found on Craigslist that is rip free. I was just wondering if the heater/vent was really desired un these type of trucks. I cant imagine too many ppl use them as their DD. I know i wont be while i have it
Posted via Mobile Device
Phungki is offline   Reply With Quote