View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

back with another issue

my 06 chevy express is acting up again. While riding down the road it acts like it is cutting off for a second then keeps on going. It got bad enough coming back from the job earlier I thought I was going to have to get it towed. It did it randomly last week but I could not find anything. I stopped at a gas station on the way back today and popped the hood. I noticed that the positive cable on the battery was a little loose so I tightened that up. Rode fine for a few miles then right back to it again. This time I noticed every time it seemed like it shut off the temp gauge would drop to zero and as soon as it hit back the gauge would come back up to normal. Several mile later it would be at 205-210* then it would fall to zero then jump up to about 260* on the gauge then after a minute or so would fall back to the 210 range. I am assuming it is a wiring/ground issue. Has anyone run into this before? It threw the check engine light so i checked that with the reader and it has code PO118 in it twice for temp gauge reading too high and then code PO455 for what I am seeing may be the gas tank vent valve 9which is apparently a common issue with these) I don't think either of the codes are the actual problem and most likely got thrown because of the erradic gauge?

It is a 6.0 automatic with roughly 185K miles

Thanks
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote