View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 04:29 PM   #112
RADustin

Re: 1976 CCSB Duramax Project #trucknamedsue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
Flashforge Creator Pro. The short story is a friend of mine and I each bought one from someone we know who has a dozen or so printers setup in his garage for his small business. These two were matched and work well, they were one of multiple different pairs he was trying out to see which model he was going to go with. My introduction to 3D Printing came in college at the end of the Solidworks class, this was several years ago and the school had a uprint and a uprint plus. I wish these had larger build volume, at least on one axis, the idea I've got brewing could be done in one piece if one axis was 12".
that printer looks like it has a heated bed and build table which is awesome.

12" on an axis is a fairly big printer. If you don't need one piece parts I've seen about using TIG rod as alignment pins to stick smaller blocks together or dove tailing.

I dont think it'll be long before I get one. Biggest thing holding me back is this project, only have so much cash to spread around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Great to see it coming together!
it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjeep View Post
It certainly is exciting to see things after paint starting to come together for the last time. It is almost a shame to see them all the same color blending together into an unassuming mass. Of course it would be hideous to paint the pieces different colors to give them the attention they deserve.
it's almost fun to make things disappear. I think it adds levels and depth of details. Makes it more fun to look at as you discover details first overlooked.

1976 GMC Sierra Classic C35 CCSB
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...25#post8188825
RADustin is offline   Reply With Quote