Thread: 55.2-59 Frame Choices
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 01:36 PM   #23
jwhotrod

Re: Frame Choices

I put prop sticks in the suspension to set the suspension at ride height as prescribed by the proper ride height for the shockwaves I'm using. The wheels and tires also contribute to how it sits or "stance". I had built my 35 sedan on 14 & 15 inch rims and tires from my 34 chevy coupe. When I went to buy wheels and tires for the sedan I couldn't find 14 & 15 rims or tires that I liked. So, I went and found tires in 16" & 18" that had the same OD as the original 14 & 15s on the coupe, since I wanted it to sit the same way and height off the ground. So this is my mock up for how this will sit, whether I use 17 or 18
' rims in front and 18 or 20 in rear. I like bigs and littles but I don't like the newer Huge rims as they have way to much air space in them so you can see all the ugly stuff brhind them. that is why I like these Legacy II wheels from Billet specialties. no air space, and I don't like the rubber band tires that some people run. so that is the story, you make decisions early on and chassis setup, and you live with those decisions thru the rest of the build.
jwhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote