View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #35
fleetsidelarry
Senior Car Nut

Re: 327 Not Breathing Right?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick67 View Post
Understood. Do you have a pic of where you drilled? Did you istall a PCV or some other attachment?
Slick67, yes I installed an inline PCV valve. I'm seriously thinking that the valve you were using is designed to thread into the oil galley something like the fitting I have below threaded into my manifold. if so, the manifold vacuum it was hooked to was actually pulling the valve closed and your system was building pressure. Am I making any sense? if that's what was happening, then you could use that valve (in the proper location), plumbed to the carb vacuum source and a regular breather on the oil fill.

Here's the inline PCV valve

here's the manifold location (this is just a fitting, not a PCV valve)

and the "vacuum source"

drawing from the oil galley has the drawback of not being baffled. I don't know if that's a problem as it would be with valve covers. and, as Longhair mentioned, in your case if you use the oil fill for the breather, you won't be drawing from the valve covers. it would still be better than no crankcase ventilation or the situation you may have now where manifold vacuum is apparently creating a low pressure situation.