View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 02:27 AM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Firewall routing questions and points distributor wiring for the purests 71-C10 A/C

This was converted to HEI, and the guy ran the wire through speedometer cable hole. Same thing for a kill switch (never mind two 10 ga. wires for a CB). Won't fly with the rebuild. I'd like this truck returned to its factory glory less the HEI, and would appreciate any input on.......

A. Where/how do you recommend routing the HEI wire? I believe they should be 10 gauge wire. Is there another spot for say a 12 gauge wire (e.g., kill switch)? I guess I'm looking for "spares" through existing grommets, which may not be an option, but probably is because.......

B. This truck doesn't have a tach or vacuum gauge, and I'm not likely to install either. Where were these routed through the cab?

C. How were the original distributors wired?....the power, not firing order. I imagine they ran to the ignition right? If it came through the cab then where?

Descriptions work, but pics appreciated as well.

Thank you
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote