View Single Post
Old 12-09-2023, 11:33 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: Performance Steering & Handling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauXGT View Post
If your rear is drum, the factory proportioning valve is said to be different than on discs. Most places will say you need an additional adjustable proportional just on the rear line. I didn't do that, and the 1st time I slammed on the brakes it didn't nose dive like most. But I have converted the front and rears from the GM 98-02 Camaro and still have the aftermarket mechanical anti-lock modules.
I can't remember the mech anti-lock company, being that was over 30 years ago, but they are the gold barrels on the master cylinder. One for front and one for rear.
This is all helpful info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself View Post
Yes....BMR and UMI both make track type suspension packages for the S10. I'm sure others do as well.
Thanks. I figured it was out there, just haven't looked yet. I don't follow autocross but I am interested in building and enjoyable road handler. I have endless old roads to drive.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote