View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 08:35 AM   #8
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: #the77_remix

At the Lonestar Throwdown show among the many outstanding trucks there, two stood out. They were very nicely restored and refined squarebodies built by @hardkorechoprodz. One was a Suburban and the other a GMC Jimmy.
They were both lowered on air suspension and rolled on 22" #steelies.
What made them stand out was the unusual graphics they were wearing.

They both had a stripe kit that was reminiscent of the offerings from GM in the 70s. The Jimmy was wrapped with stripes that emulated the Desert Fox package. The Suburban wore a toned down version of the same.
Through Instagram I spoke with Trent about the stripe kits and discovered he and his partner Chris has started a division of @hardkorechoprodz called the @lowsierracompany

Chris has many years experience in the vinyl wrap industry so they worked to design precision cut graphic packages that are available in several colors . They also offer a kit that is similar in color to the original GM woodgrain.

These offerings solidified a concept that I have had for a very long time. In the mid 70s I fell in love with a new truck sitting on the local Chevrolet dealers lot. It was a metallic orange short bed that had the woodgrain package. The dealer had installed aluminum slotted mags and it looked amazing. I have carried a passion for that truck for all these years.

Moving forward a few decades in time, I made a call to Trent to discuss my vision for #the77_remix. He and Chris loved the idea and my plan for the makeover had a new partner. Please take a look at @hardkorechoprodz and @lowsierracompany on Instagram and follow these accounts.
Attached Images

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"

Last edited by N2TRUX; 06-05-2017 at 09:56 PM.
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote