View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #289
watahyahknow

Re: '69 Longbed Daily Driver - Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1ph3r View Post
I know this thread is old and that you sold your truck... but dang what an inspiration. i have been planning my air set up for a while and will be going static first.

i have been trying to find good examples of bagged set ups that DONT use porterbuilt or crazy frame mods. just everyday trucks with enough done to get the job done right.

i have to go static drop first before I do air so planning that path out as to not waste a ton of cash has been hard.

most of your pics seem to be gone but the ones in post 49 are so helpful. the ones with your bed off showing your exhaust and cross member are so helpful. need to see some more like that. trying to figure out what to do with my exhaust. did you cut holes in your cross member or was that aftermarket?

thanks again for all the pics
i have seen bags on stock suspension they just dont drop all the way to the ground THATS why people cut the frame up and / or use porterbuild stuff
the shockwave airbag with shockabsorber combo seem to work whell on most stock suspension
have to say though that you might have problems with other stuff like the alighnment and the wheels rubbing the fenders , the specialized stuff often use different non factory steering geometrics so you can still drive somewat normaly when the air is almost out of the bags and be able to make a corner
you could even use leafsprings in the back as the linkage with helperbags if you take more then a few leafs out of them , prolly need to add calltracks to keep the leaf from winding up though

idea's for the trucks and the order of things to do are taking shape and get closer to being realized , a few more months and i be able to start building for real

i complete 2 of the trucks intoo running fashion one custom and one basicly stock the thirth will be sacrificed for parts
watahyahknow is offline   Reply With Quote