View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 06:22 PM   #193
MacQuigley

Re: Super Duper Haggis Hauler II - The Resurrection

Well thats another really awkward job done tonight, got the starter motor wired up. Ended up taking the start motor off, turning it so the solenoid was at the bottom and then reclocked it so the connections were far enough away from the sump/oil pan.

Hadnt been looking forward to it as Ive got issues with my hands which making working in a tight space with something as heavy as the starter really awkward. Sadly age is catching up and the discs in my neck are, well f&*ked, and pressing against the nerves that run down my arms. Hopefully I'll be able to get it fixed because it is now starting to have an negative effect on my ability to easily do things I used to take for granted.

Getting old sucks but as someone on here has in his footer (Im sure its Ian or Martin) it IS better than the alternative.

Anyway, enough of the self pity, Im aiming to have the truck wired enough by the weekend that I can start her on the key. There will still be a good few systems not fully connected but I should be there or there abouts.
MacQuigley is offline   Reply With Quote