View Single Post
Old 12-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #539
sixty4bigwindow

Re: Post pics of truck drag racing or racing trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super73 View Post
Yeah, I'm starting to try and take weight out. Took the front bumper off the other day and cut the frame horns back. I'm going to build a roll pan for it. I might actually make it more of a square bumper looking piece.

Yanked the heater box as well.

I have a Vega Steering box that I need to go find a pitman arm for, that will get rid of the steering pump and big huge power box.

Any sugestions on a OEM dual resevor manual brake master? That's another thing I was to swap out.

Those are the weight savings on the cheap, I want to buy a glass hood first, then fenders, maybe nose come too. But that will be in stages.

I was thinking about cutting out the factory front cross member and redoing it in 2x3 .120 or .180 wall... But that might be a ton of work for very little savings.
Reviving this old thread on a question. Would that Vega box bolt in to my 64 2wd?? I'm trying to get rid of this leaky, crappy power steering setup I have and have a temporary fix until I get the rack and pinion.. Ebay has a full setup right now for 140 shipped. Wondering if this would be a good route to go??
sixty4bigwindow is offline   Reply With Quote