View Single Post
Old 10-24-2022, 10:07 AM   #1544
special-K
Special Order

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
That's sad about the truck, but it's good that you are OK. As much as we love our trucks, our own health is more important.
This is very true. I just felt sore mostly from tensing up. I knew I was in for a ride I was unable to control. Just hoped for the best and hung on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Thanks but I've been ignoring it lately , The rear axle bearing has been making noise for awhile and it's time to change them out before I'm buying axles , I've been busy with my 67 and now is the time to get it done before winter really shows up . The only problem is once you start looking for things that need attention you find them , it's still cheaper to keep her
All the same here. The 'Burb just keeps on keepin' on. Same kind of mileage. It has a to-do list, but it's been pretty good about waiting till I get to it.

I have had two K3500 SRWs, both 6.5TD/5spd and this '95 Suburban K2500. They are very dependable, but my second one (95) was jinxed I think. I'm serious. As far as the work it needed, that didn't bother me because I wanted to fix it up into my ultimate forever work truck. The first (92) one I ordered and kept it as built. That truck was great! On the '95 the engine blew at 135k, I put a crate performance marine 6.5TD in it. The NV4500 went south, I put a GM crate in. The NP241 started popping into neutral, I put a GM crate in. I was happy to have all new stuff and spares for both trucks. I went through that truck, long long list, a ton of money in it. I was very happy with it. Then I wrecked it

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-24-2022 at 10:15 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote