View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 06:23 AM   #1
cadillac_al

A roll pin fell out of my valve body

Well, I was installing a Transgo shift kit in my K20 th350 transmission. Everything was going smooth like it should for a simple job. I replaced a couple springs and was just cleaning off the valve body with some brake cleaner. When I flipped it over while spraying it a roll pin fell out. I looked at the ones I just replaced and they are still in there. I have been racking my brain and looking everywhere as to where it could have came from. I had to quit for the night and try again in the morning.

I know it can't be good and if I install the valve body something isn't going to work right. So.............has anybody ever had one fall out that easy? They are usually under spring pressure and shouldn't be falling out. If I can't figure it out and put it back together, I'm thinking I should buy a trans pan with a drain plug right now. Trans fluid is getting too expensive to waste. If I have to take it out again next week there will be some serious swearing coming out of my garage.

I'm hoping after a half a nights sleep I may be able to see something this morning. I'm just throwing this out there in case somebody has a good tip on where a loose roll pin could have come from. TIA
77 Chevy K10
cadillac_al is offline   Reply With Quote