View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 07:44 PM   #19
Vic1947

Re: '57 Ford Custom 300 Tudor Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by green72s View Post
Happy New Year Vic. I'd been quietly following the CRLS build (in complete administration of your work) and would'nt miss this one.

Peter
Happy New Year to you also, Peter ...and to all my friends on the forum!

In keeping with the Pro Street theme at the time, I'd installed a ladder bar suspension with coilovers. I opted for this setup instead of a four link because in my experience, it's a bit less violent and finicky. While the four link has a much greater range of adjustment, it's also much easier to get lost in the setup. Most of the components in the rear suspension photo have been upgraded, but then, lots of other things changed over the years too.

We were in Seattle until the summer of '93 when we moved back to Houston. The last shot I have is with the engine strapped into the chassis before loading it on the trailer for the long haul. The rental house we had in Houston when we first moved back only had a small two car garage. During that time, I traded out some work with good friend and chassis builder supreme, John Harrison. He put in a new trans tunnel, modified the motor mounts for the 460 and built a set of headers for it. In exchange I did the bodywork and paint on a Cobra kit car he was building for a customer. By the time all this was done, we'd found a place to buy that had a 3 car detached garage with an extra 10' added to the back and a double door opening to the back yard. Oh, and it came with a house too.

It quickly became apparent to me that to do the kind of job I wanted to do, I'd need a rotisserie. Hanging the body from the rafters was a bit nuts.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote