View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 10:36 AM   #81
scottofksu

Re: Travis' Tribute Truck - 65 Chevy C-10 Camper Special

I am back after a long absence predicated by two realities.
1) I made the mistake of buying a Jeep and it has been gobbling up massive amounts of my time.
2) My dad began suffering medical (e.g., vascular issues and dementia) issues about the time I stopped posting. As his behavior became increasingly erratic, I feared finishing the truck only to have it lost due to his financial situation due to his being the last living person named on the title for the vehicle following my brother, Travis', passing in 1999. My father passed in July of 2021. I am now working to get the truck titled in my name.

Prior to getting the title situation sorted out, I intend to complete the body work on the drivers side as the passenger side is essentially complete. After the title is in my name and the last cab body work is done, I intend to start putting the truck back together. One of the first things I need to do is to prepare the 14 bolt semifloating 6 lug rearend I purchased last year for installation and handling the abuse that the 575ft/lbs of torque the engine will be sending its way. I purchased Captainfab's awesome 14 bolt mounts and will be using these to get the new axle installed. More as it develops! It is GREAT to be back!