Thread: FedEx
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #9
PHOENIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock35ipsc
I ship ground with UPS at work, but use FedEx Freight for truck shipments. Their LTL service can't be beat! If it's not there in the time they say it takes, shipping is free, period! Would never use their ground service again though!
Give SAIA motor freight a call.
www.saia.com
They have great service and their rates are cheaper then FedEx, Roadway, Yellow, Old Dominion, Best Way, Etc.
The only carrier I use that beats them is Motor Cargo and thats only into California. Their service isnt as good as Saias though.
The more shipping you do the better discount you can request.
I always have 3 carriers on hand, I use ones quote to get the other to drop our rate. I do this back and forth until we have some good rates.

I almost forgot:
FedEx is terrible in my area. They make one delivery attempt then leave their sticker to sign it for drop on your porch (you better hope it isnt stolen) or pick up at their facility. The facility isnt too far from my house, but damn the lines and drive is a hassle fomr something I wouldnt have to deal with if they used UPS. UPS comes twice a day to my house when they have a delivery. Once around lunch (cause the driver knows Im there) and one in the afternoon (cuase he knows when I get home). Great service and very friendly. Havent tried DHL, so I have nothing to say about them.