View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 02:12 PM   #36
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Original Bucket seats installation????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerKoop View Post
I took some pics of my 1972 C30 which has 44,000 miles on it which has factory bucket seats in it. Like this truck and all the trucks that we have seen bucket seats in, none of them used the bolt in the support that runs underneath the floor.

The front bucket mounting just used a square nut welded to the floor. No additional floor support brackets was used except for what was used for the bench seat. I will take some photos of the front mounting and add them later

As for the offset on the drives side front holes I found it to be 1 1/4" to the left. See photo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29od1 View Post
Just to add a bit more, the truck I looked at had the bolt through the fore/aft floor z-shaped section as you can see in pic one.

The other pics are of the front mounting nuts from under the truck. Pic 2 is of the inner front drivers side. Pic 3 is of the inner front passenger side. If you don't have the formed z-section reinforcement that runs from side to side (which only comes installed on factory bucket trucks and Blazers), you'll need to fab something up like mcbassin did in his install.

The last pic is of the original mounting bolts and a vintage koozie that was under the seat.

I hope this helps everyone out and the major parts of this thread would be great to put in the FAQ section. Thanks to mcbassin for starting it and everyone who contributed!
Thanks guys for taking these measurments. I wish I had them last year when I drilled my cab. However, me being impatient I made my Driver side gap between the console match my passenger side. I don't know GM made it the way they did? But mine is 1/2" closer so if you're wanting to make it like the Original bucket cab then 1-3/16" to 1-1/4" it is. Thanks again
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote