View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #68
SCOTI

Re: 1965 Stepside, The LST Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Well, I did not make the goal of getting the truck to LST. We stopped at about 3:30am on Friday morning, got a bit of sleep then got back at it around 8:30 to try to start it. No luck, we trouble shot it for about 3.5 hours and not progress except to find a few wiring issues with the trucks wiring and the ignition switch. Fixed or bypassed those to crank and try to start it again. NOTHING. We have spark and fuel to the rails, the air is there too.

I gave up and decided to just head down to the show and enjoy the weekend and hangout. We headed out at about 2 and got down there about 5 that afternoon to check out the show and find our hotel. Got set up the next morning and had a great time. I will post a few pics later after I get them downloaded off my phone.

During the weekend, I talked to a few people and brainstormed ideas as to what could be wrong. I think the first step it to check that the PCM is firing the injectors, and to clean the injectors since they have been sitting for who knows how long. One idea is that they are stuck closed and that is keeping it from firing up. This makes some sense to me, since while we are cranking it over, we don't smell any gas fumes at all.

I am going to step away from it a bit and get a few home issues taken care of and watch a few of my son's baseball games, and attend one of my daughter's gym competitions.

Stay tuned as I work to fire this pig up...
You put forth quite the effort so I'm sorry it didn't work out for you guys.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote