View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 01:07 PM   #11
bowtieguy79
Ephesians 2:8

Re: 1983 Farm Truck Build

Late fall I picked up a set of 15 x 8 wide wagon wheels. Ya I got them to fit, but SHEESH.. what a pain. If I had not already owned a set of nice 33-12.50 BFG's I'd have kept looking for 16's.

I had a pair of LMC K5 ralley center cap decals and I put those right on top of the cheap amazon center caps for the rear. Really like how it turned out.

Video of Idle - click on photo

For Christmas I was given a cheaper than cheap seat cover, but after a bunch of zip ties and a few bungee's it fits decent enough that I don't hate it and really enjoy the pockets for some tools and the ever so needed hand sanitizer.

Early January I struck a deal with a JD Sled pal to trade two 440 non running Trail Fires for a running 340 Spitfire. He was 100 miles away at the Indiana border. I did not want to drag my new trailer in the salt so I chose to use the GMC instead. A buddy and I took off with any tool we may have needed, and it ran like a champ there and back. 10.5mpg there and back. Not terrible but I think I can improve it once I get the lock up working.

We may have crossed the state line to get some Yuengling beer

Still planning to do an EFI upgrade at some point. But we are logging many smiles per gallon! My kids love it. My wife has YET to ride in it... maybe that is why we still have it... I don't know....

Last edited by bowtieguy79; 01-29-2021 at 01:18 PM.
bowtieguy79 is offline   Reply With Quote