View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #10
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's thread of miscelaneous stuff

A couple shots from when I went to the New Ulm autofest. I'm ex navy and just loved this Engine Room tag that was on the hood of some ratrod. I dig old coolers and thought this was cool. Its embossed. Probably a new piece but I liked it.

Then a shot of my truck inside the Fedex depot in Mankato. I was shipping a pair of tailgates that weighed about 115 lbs so they let me drive in to drop off.

Found the mobil can at some little shop in Gibbon. Its my new trash can for the garage. The gas pump behind it I got this spring from 1 of the brothers that own Sleepy Eye Auto Salvage. I knew he collected pumps and restored them. I was looking for a 60s to 70s style pump to fit the era of cars I like and asked him to keep an eye out for me. He called me a few weeks later to say he had 1 to sell because he wanted to get another old visible pump to put in front of his garage in its place. $350 and its a fully operational pump. Just needs a new glass on 1 side. Its a Wayne 420 (stoners will dig it) from 1968 I think.

And that cool old jack is at the body shop here in Sleepy Eye where I hang out sometimes. The shop was originally a gas station. Webb brand which was a smaller less known brand. Then grandpa started servicing cars. Then started doing paint and body work. Now its Mathiowetz Auto Body. The jack has been there for longer than the current brothers running it can remember. I told them to paint it up and stripe it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Last edited by hgs_notes; 07-14-2013 at 10:48 AM.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote