View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 02:22 PM   #59
19SIKtySix

Re: Project El Viejito, '66 C10 LWB BBW Build

This message is for LH Lead Foot:

It won't let me send the message because you're at max capacity for messages.

Good morning LH, I apologize for the delayed response. I haven't logged in here in a while. My 66 is lowered about 4/6 and I used the GM oil pan for F Bodys that I purchased from Dirty Dingo. There was no dipstick hole on my particular block for the dipstick. I had to drill a hole thru a provision on my block, I can't remember the size of hole I had to drill, but I found the information online. I believe I had a thread on here regarding that.

My engine is a pullout from an 03 Envoy, it's the aluminum block/heads. So my original oil pan had the hole thru it for the 4wd axles and the sump was at the front. I needed to purchase a new oil pan anyway. My plans are to eventually have the truck on airbags, so the F body works perfect for that.

I also purchased from Dirty Dingo their LS adapter plates that have 4 different engine placement locations.

Here are the part numbers for both items I bought from Dirty Dingo, hope it helps.

1 x Complete Oil Pan Swap Kit for LS1 Camaro / Firebird (F-Body) (DD-LS-OP-CAM) = $349.99
1 x Dingo Double-D 3/8 Steel LS Adapter Plates (DD-LS-DOUBLE-D-S) = $59.99

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll help if I can.

Instagram: c_lo_garage

Check out my 1966 C10 project "El Viejito" here:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=674614
19SIKtySix is offline   Reply With Quote