Thread: TA_C10: Stage 1
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2020, 12:35 PM   #648
TA_C10

Re: TA_C10: Stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurry67 View Post
Looks great, man! Aligning body panels is a lot of work. How well is your bed lined up with your cab body lines?
Oh, and if your looking at my pics, the bed lines are high compared to the cab lines. And this is because I put 3/4" plywood for a temporary bed floor. The 3/4 is too thick raising the bed sides too high..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
No, you worded it correctly & I understood what you meant. What I meant was w/the current rear tire 'size' on 10" wheels, a mini-tub wasn't needed. In my head, that tub money that can go toward wheels in the same diameter but w/better spacing. If your plan all along was to replace the rear tubs, then getting the wider units is cost effective.

I will caution on the super wide tires for a DD truck build: Fat tires, decent power, & light weight over the rear end easily get squirrely when it gets wet.
You know, at first, I was thinking I would go wider in the future, like stage 2. So I went ahead and ordered those wider tubs. But now your making me wish I had not ordered them to put that quan towards things that go wrong like needing new wheels... OR. See my next thread...

"It's only money".
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote