View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 07:39 AM   #1526
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
that is strange..not a bad idea...everything in writing....glad you didn't get scammed.....
I don’t think I got scammed. Actually, I bounced the situation off some buddies. Those of us with more years on the odometer were kinda freaked out. Two guys in their 20’s saw no problem with it. One guy had eliminated last minute price chiseling on something he was selling as the agreed price was in writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJeep View Post
Looks good Doug! Will look forward to hearing your vision for it.
Short term is to find the refrigerant leak and fix the front / rear ac, then drive and enjoy. Longer term...we are probably going to swap in an LT, some better wheels then look at it for a slight drop. And paint the light blue upper surfaces. This one doesn’t look right with the patina look.

The reactions I am getting from friends and family about this 90 Burb are interesting. Family is so yawn...Doug brought home another one. Brother totally perplexed, even though he is a bit of a car guy. My car buddies get it. When I graduated high school a tri five chevy was 22 to 24 years old. This one is 28 years old.

And our first new Burb was a 90. We loved it and had been looking for a solid one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
sounds more like an introvert, some people arent cut out for human interaction. I went to lunch with a big group of guys and the guy next to me wouldnt even tell the waitress she had his pepsi while she was standing right behind him saying "come on, who had the pepsi?"

although his reasoning is sound, keep it in writing, dont get stabbed!
Yes, he may be. Wow, that guy was an extreme introvert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Doug, that was a odd transaction, burb looks great...Jim
Thanks Jim!

Thinking I might have a square body problem....
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote