View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
Tempest67

51 Chev on a S10 frame, named Dale

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time Pontiac fan (completed a 67 Tempest and a 64 Lemans convert) and thought it was time to try something different.

My wife has always loved old trucks but I was concerned of them "driving" like an old truck. Then I found this website and it opened my eyes to a S 10 frame swap on a 47 - 54 AD GM truck, her favourite.

The worst part of a restoration, in my opinion, is the body and paint work. The dust, the dirt, the grinding, the amount of time and effort required to prepare a body panel for paint was more than I was willing to do, again.

So last November (2018) I found a complete 1951 5 window, and 3 weeks later found a 1994 S 10. (Long box standard cab) and the project began.

The goals are -
1. aim for a budget of $15K (that's about $12 K US)
2. small block Chev (would love to use a Pontiac V8, but was worried that they are just too big for the small engine compartment) and I can grab a SBC for less than 1/2 the price to rebuild a Pontiac.
3. solid, reliable, safe vehicle that could be used as a daily driver
4. standard transmission
5. clean comfortable interior.

I have been working on this for about 1 year now, and have almost completed mock up, and it is almost time to tear it all apart, and prepare for the final build.

So, just like all the other builds, I will start at the beginning, and add pics as we go.

...also, it is named Dale because the original owner (I found Insurance slips from the 60's under the seat) carved his name 'DALE' on the hood.
Attached Images

Tempest67 is offline   Reply With Quote