View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 06:53 PM   #642
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

Thanks, guys!

Picked up the wagon from Hot Rod Express yesterday and drove it home with no issues. Cleaned it up a bit and then this morning we went to the Show 'n Shine event over in Bonner Springs, KS. It's a nice little show we've been to on a number of occasions. They hold it at the Ag Hall of Fame which has a serene, park like setting. We were able to stay in the shade for most of the day under our EZ up and only ventured out for short walks to look at the other cars or talk to folks about the car. Lot's of furrowed brows when they saw the door handles. Must have opened the suicide doors a couple of dozen times to show how they were done. Also got lots of comments on the rear hatch. We picked up a Top 45 award but got beat out for best of show by of all things, a 55 sedan delivery. Paint job on it was pretty wild. It was a hot one out there, though. Right at 100 with high humidity.

Car still has some fuel issues I need to sort out. Having a hard time getting the fuel pressure regulators and the carb float levels to play nicely. I need to give Aeromotive a call this week and pick their brains. They say the size of the return line can be a problem if it's too small - which may be the case with my setup. Will keep you posted.

HRE was unable to fit cats into the exhaust system, so they tried to replace my Flowmaster FX mufflers with Dynomax Super Turbos. That didn't work either because the advertised size wasn't the actual size so they didn't fit. They now plan to add some Stainless Works slim fit mufflers in the space next to the fuel tank. Hopefully that will tone down the exhaust note. It's pretty rowdy right now. More later.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote