View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 11:44 PM   #327
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Ok guys lol Friday I went on a spending spree due to a nice overtime check at work lol. Tuesday I should have my mar-k tailgate in has stainless hardware!!!! I also took the plunge and ordered an entire body bolt and billet aluminum fender washer setup from allensfasteners.com. I priced out how much it was going to cost from arp for all the bolts I needed and I about fainted :/ then while searching I stumbled across allens shop and he carries all of the arp stainless hardware and regular arp bolts for a very very good price!!!! I also got my engine 67-71 big block motor cushions and the oil fill tube in for the 8.1 throttle body along with the GM factory 9k/12 brake proportioning valve to match my hydroboost unit. I still need to get the frame home Tuesday to see where I can mount the proportioning valve on the frame and get brake lines to reach it. Will be having to change the ends on the 1/4 inch lines to match the prop valve since the factory gm ones use a 1/4 inch brake but rather than traditional 7/16 sizes. This coming up Friday the body cab fenders and everything else is off to a blasting shop to get completely cleaned of all the old maaco and lead original paint off the body so pumped coming along beautifully!!!! Also while hunting some information on the bed tailgate trunions stumbled across a company called tdtrunniondesign.com. he has a nice stainless trunion unit for 58-72 chevy truck with a delrin bushing type assembly so the tailgate trunnions don't rust or squeak definitely have those on my list of parts to order for the new mar-k tailgate setup

Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote