View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 01:29 AM   #338
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

Been tinkering o little things while waiting for the body to come out of the stripping shop. Ordered a few more parts to sooth my hoarder type nature :P and started doing a work on a few things on the frame and brakes while trying to be patient Heard from a gentleman that gave me a free set of dana gears said he could also procur me a set of 8.1 rear dump headers so waiting on those as well now too. Talked to him today apparently the shop that makes and coats them doesn't make them until they get an order for them. So 76 more days wait them they and the gears should ship out to me I also started assembling a cab dolly for Tuesday when we pick up the body from the strip shop. Also while digging around finally decided to get the rest of the speaker wire ordered that I needed without paying big bucks to monster cable for their fat wire setups. found a shop that is recently come around makes some good quality thin jacket speaker sire for automotive use at a much much better price than the monster cable stuff. 250' for 60 bucks next paycheck going to rent a storage building for the cab and body panels until I am ready to reassemble things back on the frame. The mother in law through a temper tantrum when I said I needed the garage for a couple of months to put everything back on the frame :/ I swear family sucks sometimes /sigh so Tuesday morning going to look at an 18x24 building workshop setup with access to a pressure washer and a few other goodies to put all the cab and everything in till I start reassembly.... Also end of this month taking the Allison down to my trans builder to get it put together... Then some parts over to the powder coaters also....

Sean
Attached Images

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote