View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 11:58 AM   #168
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

I installed the MAP sensor in the back of the intake. It didn't fit in the hole nor did the mounting tab fit correct. So I opened up the hole and hacked off the tab and bolted it in place.

The IAT sensor I decided to use the... evap hole? So I shaved the sensor down and siliconed it in place with a hammer. Hope it doesn't rocket out under boost.

Received payment for the BBC with all the accessories this week. The guy is in Wyoming so Ill to ship it, which sorta sucks but he paid asking price plus my time to crate and the shipping of it.

I have it ready to pull except for the trans mount and driveshaft. I labeled all the Holley parts so it should be a pretty simple install for him in his K30.

I went ahead and ordered the majority of all the parts for the rest of the build. Sans the VS racing stuff. Still waiting to see if they do a BF sale for the WG and BOV. The turbo is already 10% off.

I received my turbo manifold last night so I hung it just to see how it looks. The casting is a little rough so I need to clean it a bit. Im pretty happy with it for $250. Im hoping I can have someone help me weld a wastegate flange to it without any problems.

I ordered a Holley DS manifold so I can work on getting my crossover built once I swap the trans over. I did order a converter from a shop out of Chicago. Its a budget converter that some Sloppy guys have used with success. Should be perfectly fine for street use. Looking forward to getting this mounted in the truck so I can start plumbing.