View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 05:36 PM   #62
68Stepbed

Re: Slick is getting a full TCI suspension!

Well, the past few weeks have been quite hectic. I was in a bit of a thrash to get the truck together and running to make it to the NSRA show in Louisville, KY. It fought me in almost every step of the way the past two weeks. I finally prevailed getting it fired up last Friday night, taking it for and alignment on Monday, fixing a brake issue Tuesday and Wednesday, and took it on an "official" test drive(about 10 miles) on Wednesday night. I drove my mile long trip to work Thursday morning, then back home, loaded it in a trailer and headed out for Louisville. Friday morning, I unloaded it and took it straight to the autocross to start a fun shakedown. Everything is working great!! It handles much better on the autocross. On the drive to dinner Friday night, I got about 7 miles or so on the Interstate. It drives much better and absorbs the bumps and potholes like a modern car!!

I still have some tweaks to work out on the shocks, swaybars, and other adjustable tidbits, but so far, no complaints at all!!

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote