View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 04:22 PM   #16
kipps

Re: Interior: Carpet or Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
I think the biggest problem with either decision is that the jute padding is what holds the moisture against the metal. It takes forever for that padding to dry out. Maybe if you put down sound matting that actually adheres to the floor, it may act as a moisture barrier as well.
I've wondered about that.

House spray-foam insulation can be either open-cell or closed-cell. Open-cell is cheaper, but it has to stay dry. Closed-cell insulation won't absorb water. It'd be nice if there was a sound deadening insulation with similar properties, that simply wouldn't absorb water even if submerged. Lizard skin sounds like it might meet this requirement.

If bedliner will definitely stay attached, and won't let any water get underneath of it, I think that would also be a good option for floor protection. I don't like the look or feel of bedliner. It just seems to "chintzy." I'd much rather cover it with a real rubber mat.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote