View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 09:23 PM   #13
Oydllay

Re: 66 "liberation"build

Hello all. Been a while since I posted on this project. I never stopped, I just got really busy and a bit lazy. I had really wanted to keep up with the posts as this project progressed. My hope was to not only share what I was up to but help or inspire someone else's project the way others on here had for me. I picked up a lot of useful information here during my build. I guess I'll start with where the project is currently and then try to post some along the way pics.
Name:  IMG_2922.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  64.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2923.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  63.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2925.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  108.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2926.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  61.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2927.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  60.7 KB
After the rear 4" frame Z was completed, I moved onto the front suspension. Original lowers were cut and modified to move the lower ball joint forward 3/4" and shortened 3/4". (I saw this method posted here) This netted me 6 degrees positive caster in the end. The upper tubular arms were shortened as well. I used 2 inch drop spindles and taller upper and lower ball joints with a 1 inch drop spring to total a 4 inch drop. The taller ball joints not only add to the drop but relocate the upper control arm to improve roll center. All told, I got a 4 inch drop with a near stock ride! Not to mention it handles awesome! Body roll is minimal. I decided to utilize a No Limit steering rack assembly, both for more turbo piping clearance and easy bump steer correction.Tie rod ends get flipped to the bottom of the arms. Its a great kit for the money!
Oydllay is offline   Reply With Quote