View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #17
kens65fb

Re: 66 "liberation"build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oydllay View Post
Hello all. Been a while since I posted on this project. I never stopped, I just got really busy and a bit lazy. I had really wanted to keep up with the posts as this project progressed. My hope was to not only share what I was up to but help or inspire someone else's project the way others on here had for me. I picked up a lot of useful information here during my build. I guess I'll start with where the project is currently and then try to post some along the way pics.
Attachment 1953790

Attachment 1953791

Attachment 1953792

Attachment 1953793

Attachment 1953794
After the rear 4" frame Z was completed, I moved onto the front suspension. Original lowers were cut and modified to move the lower ball joint forward 3/4" and shortened 3/4". (I saw this method posted here) This netted me 6 degrees positive caster in the end. The upper tubular arms were shortened as well. I used 2 inch drop spindles and taller upper and lower ball joints with a 1 inch drop spring to total a 4 inch drop. The taller ball joints not only add to the drop but relocate the upper control arm to improve roll center. All told, I got a 4 inch drop with a near stock ride! Not to mention it handles awesome! Body roll is minimal. I decided to utilize a No Limit steering rack assembly, both for more turbo piping clearance and easy bump steer correction.Tie rod ends get flipped to the bottom of the arms. Its a great kit for the money!
Looks great !!

What size are the wheels & tires?
kens65fb is offline   Reply With Quote