View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 02:50 AM   #37
The_Hub

Re: 1960 'Burb Revival (First Post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad54 View Post
I noticed the holes in the backing plate in an earlier shot, but seeing them in detail, along with the holes in the drums, makes me REALLY wonder about that!
Cooling the brakes helps eliminate brake-fade, especially with drums.
But the thing about yours is that they are VERY neatly done. The holes in the backing plate are neatly laid out and spaced, while the holes in the drum face are also neatly spaced and in a difficult spot to drill.
They didn't do those with a hand drill with the parts still on the truck.

When you decide to unload them, let me know... I don't know that I'd use them, but I'd love to have them anyway!

There are three things about your truck that are very interesting: It looks like it has a sway bar up front: can you take a picture of it?
The power booster is a later model--the '60-'62 trucks had a funky two-chamber master for manual shift trucks, and putting a modern brake booster on without an adapter plate isn't just a simple bolt-on job.
The trans tunnel hump is a high hump, which usually came with the 4-spd granny-gear transmissions, but it doesn't have a shifter hole in the middle of it.

I also noticed that it has side motor mounts--those aren't usually on '60-'62 trucks either.

And I laughed when your son said he wanted to go camping in it--My son and I camped several times in ours!

-Brad
You raise a lot of good questions. I did finally notice that it does have a sway bar on it. No end links though. This truck does have an auto column out of an early 70's pickup in it. Could that be part of the steering box you're seeing?

I'm intrigued by all the things you've noticed that I would've never thought different. I'm going to pick them all over one by one and do a bit of research. I remember now that we talked about your sway bar. I'll try to get you some pictures of mine. Things have been way slower than I intended but we also spent a hell of a lot more money on Christmas than I anticipated too.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686078
The_Hub is offline   Reply With Quote