Thread: My 54 s10 build
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 04:39 PM   #30
Cuttin up

Re: My 54 s10 build

While I was digging through some pictures, I finally found one of my winter projects I did for the truck. I found a 57 caddy steering wheel at the same yard I got the bed from. It was in rough shape but I figured I could save it.

First I sanded it all down with some 320 paper I had laying around. Next I fixed the cracks with some jb weld waterweld epoxy puty. This stuff worked really well for the big cracks. Then finished it with some light bondo to smooth out the transitions from the puty to the wheel. I then primed, painted, taped, and painted some more. I went with a white from rustoleum and a silver glitter paint (for the side accent pieces) from them as well. Then buried it in eastwood company's 2k clear. Its a 2 part clear in an aerosol car, its fantastic for small projects like this. I think it came out pretty sweet considering how bad off it was to start with. The only problem I see with it is I'm going to have to paint and spiff up the inside of the cab to go with the shiny new steering wheel.
Attached Images