View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 09:42 PM   #9
jodydewey

Re: 5 speed conversion with pics

I installed the clutch pedal back into the truck with the updated clock. I found that I had to grind my weld a little better so it would fit. I also had to widen the bolt slot in the end so the clutch lever could fit flush against the shaft instead of 1/8th of an inch deeper. After I got the clutch lever installed I used the master cylinder rod and a level to figure out where to drill the hole. Once the hole was drilled I used the master cylinder to mark the holes for the mounting bracket. I will tell you this up front, I don't like the choice I made for my master cylinder. The bracket's clock is roughly 2 oclock which puts the top bolt into the bracket for the brakes. I would say if you want to move it over about an inch or two add a spacer to the clutch lever. I am also unsure whether this will interfere with a power brake booster since I have not done this conversion yet. I am pretty sure I will be OK. I welded studs to the firewall so I wouldn't have to mess with bolts and nuts later. Here are pictures of the clutch pedal slot, the clutch lever, the rod, and the master cylinder.
Attached Images