View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 04:53 PM   #120
forestb

Re: Forest's rebuild thread

I have gotten a lot of little things done over the last couple of weekends sense I got the truck back.

1) changed the location to the thermostat for the electric fan from the back of the intake manifold to a port in my thermostat housing. I was not turning on until the engine got up to 220 degrees when it was in the back of the manifold.

2) Added trans fluid so that the trans would start working and it did.

3) installed a set of stainless visors over my head lights. I am still undecided about them. Pictures to come.

4) Installed rear bumper and license plates. Tried to wire the light for the rear license plate and that did not work. I am getting power but I think the bulb is bad.

5) Added blinker lights to my dash. They work but I scratched up my dash bezel while doing so. I will have to get it repainted when I take the truck back to the painter to get some problems fixed.

6) Installed all the brackets that attach the cor support to the grill surround.

7) Tightened all the bolts on the front inner fenders that the painter did not tighten down all the way. Plus the bolt at the rear of the front fender that he did not put in at all.

Trying to figuring out the wiring has been a pain sense the guy that installed the harness used a universal type harness so there are a lot of extra coils tucked into different places. It seems like with everything I get done I fid 2 more things to do.

I cant install my old seat belts because they need two holes in the floor and one was welded shut. The new belts only require one hole in the floor so I have to save my pennies until I can afford to get those. So until then I can not drive the truck.
forestb is offline   Reply With Quote