View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #57
Cherub

Re: serpentine setups..info please

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
Here are the 4 different SB serpentine bracket systems to be found in the bone yards. The 4.3L V6 used the same brackets.

1) ’87 – 91’ stamped steel brackets. These are the least desirable as they are notorious for braking causing weird noises and belt squeaks. These are junk....don't buy them (First picture)
2) ’92 – ’95 aluminum brackets. (Second picture) GM also sells these brackets in kit form. GM part number 12497698 and goes for around $700. (Third pic) The down side to these brackets is you have to use the crappy R4 A/C compressor.
3) ’96 – ’04 (yep, the 5.7L was still around in 2004) These are good brackets as well and allow for the much more reliable Delphi A4 A/C compressor. These are the best in my opinion. (Fourth pic)
4) F and B body car brackets. I have a picture of those at home that I can scan in this weekend.
I was looking up information on starting this conversion (option 3) but in the pic provided It looks like the A/C compressor and altenator are switched to what i have now. Is this going to be a problem?