View Single Post
Old 01-02-2024, 07:26 PM   #192
Justin71105

Re: 1964 C10 fleet side swb

The condensor mounts on engine side of radiator support. So it's sandwiched between radiator and core support.

Have to pull water pump bypass to run hoses anyway so I will be draining it.

So its either try to squeeze it in with radiator still connected, after I drain it. Or just pull radiator for easy access to bolt in condensor.

You could probably do it just squeezing it between radiator and support. May take longer fighting them hoses and trying to not ding the fins rather than just pulling it and sitting it to the side.

I also need to move my transmission cooler off radiator, and mounting it in front of condensor.

So will drain and remove radiator, pull trans cooler off and sit aside without disconnecting lines.

Attatch trans cooler in front of the condensor, bolt down condensor. Then drill hole for hard lines and re-install radiator.

Then also figure out the new LS compressor mount/tensioner/pulley. Run lines, pull vacuum, then it says to fill with coolant and let truck run awhile and circulate through new heater core before filling with freon.

Alot of work but I dont want to chance damaging my condensor, radiator or trans cooler fins if I can help it. Too cold to drive it without heat right now anyway.

Last edited by Justin71105; 01-02-2024 at 07:33 PM.
Justin71105 is online now   Reply With Quote