View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #33
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

I wish I could say i got a lot done on the crew over this holiday break but I didnt. me and the boy took the front end apart, and now he is in the Bahamas. So I guess he is will be missing out on all the fun of putting it back together. (sucker). After everything got cleaned up. I put in new upper and lower ball joints, coil springs, shocks, idler arm Pittman arm, plus new steering box.

I want this truck to get the best mileage it can possibly get for a big 1 ton. So the plan was to use amsoil fluids everywhere, and that includes wheel bearing grease. The grease seams a little thicker and denser than other grease iv used in the past. in fact it was the exact opposite of how I thought it would be. Heres a pic of me hand packing them pushing grease though the bearing until it starts to squezze out the other side, and then sealing them up in the rotor with a new seal. I have used Amsoil products in the past (although not any grease) with very good results.

The brake pads were almost wore out so I put on some new pads, the brake hoses were cracked and split so on went new hoses turned the rotor and since all the braking was going to be new, including the M/C. I opted for some new front calipers too.

when I was all done with the front end. I put on the trucks new shoes. WOW! what a attitude adjustment. Deb seams very pleased with the look as well.

mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote