View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 09:21 PM   #68
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

Work on the truck has completely stalled out as we try to get our house finished up. If you look closely in the background of some of my pics you can see the house in its various stages. We are getting final inspections done this week and then we should be cleared to move in. Once that happens, it's time to refocus on the truck.

Just about the only thing I've done on the truck over the last 4 months is get a custom plate made for it. This is from a site called licenseplates.tv and they reproduce old plates with whatever you want on them. Side by side, they are virtually indistinguishable from an original plate. I had one made with the new name for my truck, Bluey. Sullii was a working name and I like Bluey better. It's one of my daughter's favorite cartoon shows/characters so it's more sentimental to me.

The 4" HD springs are also getting tested since I have loaded the bed up with an assortment of random items that need temporary storage. At least sitting still, they appear to be supporting a full bed exactly as I hoped they would be able to. I don't want to be afraid to throw a few things in the bed and still use Bluey as a truck once in a while. Even with the bed loaded here and me bouncing on the rear bumper I am not bottoming out.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote