View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #54
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

spent some time last night getting the adapter plates and mounts bolted to the motor and then measuring to the center of the tranny mount...I could never get the measurements to come out right with what the measurement on the perches to the tranny crossmember were. I spent hours researching this and came up with that when I made my adapeter plates the same measurements as the CPP ones, that gave me @ 3" of forward movement from the stock SB, and if I flipped the mounts to opposite sides it was about a 1" forward movement. What is bad is that either will likely work fine with what I am doing, but not having the cab on there make it difficult to see where my cab-motor placement will be in relation to each other. I have help coming over this evening to see if we can get everything to bolt in. It looks like I will have to use one of the tranny crossmember factory holes and drill the other.....no big deal, I assume I will have to get a custom driveshaft made when this is all said and done.

The body shop called with bad news last night, they said that the guys who put in my new cab corners did not sand the shipping primer off the metal and then put over 3/4" of filler over it and it was not even remotely adhering to the metal, it was flaking off as they were sanding it and it would not feather or blend due to this. They have to grind out all the filler, bring it all down to the bare metal and basically start over from what the last body shop did and charged me $1200 for...I am fuming mad over this, especially because it was a buddy who was needing the work. So my body work budget is now shot and I need to start selling off some of my extra/old parts to try and recoup some of this loss. I guess that is just the way it goes sometimes. Maybe tonight if we get the motor in and tranny mounted up correctly, that will make me feel a bit better about things.

Cheese "will probably need a few cold beers too" Man