View Single Post
Old 06-05-2021, 09:35 PM   #473
rcodea

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

seeking some input on the right booster to use with this bracket. its a 71 C10 LWB with a blown LS3....kinda need good brakes.

I have a 93 s10 reman booster now which seems to be either bottoming out at ~1/4 pedal throw, or is not strong enough to be of any assistance past that point. The pedal feels like its assisted to that point, then feels like manual brakes where you have to truly stand on it to get additional stopping force.

booster is currently a 93 s10 4.3 V6, Cardone 54-71152....10.8" single booster
Master is a Wilwood 1 1/8" w/adjustable prop valve...currently back all the way off....still getting strong force to the rear since the rear rotors are so large
front c5 calipers w/14" rotors
rear mustang calipers w/14" rotors
electronic vacuum pump, known working well and pulls about 28"Hg
stainless lines
fresh fluid and both standard bled and reverse bled(previously thought i had air)

The calipers come on their respective cars with a 15/16" master...so i understand that the pedal will be harder than 'stock' because of the increased master size....was trying to limit the long pedal i was getting with the 15/16" master.

Any input would be helpful. will not go with hydroboost....want to stay vacuum. Is there a chance mine is bad? go do larger or dual 9" booster? ANythign ic an do to futher troubleshoot?
rcodea is offline   Reply With Quote